Have your orthotics seen better days? or never wore orthotics before and are unsure if you need them? We are here to help either way, book today to see our podiatrist.
What are Orthotics?
Custom orthotics are tailor made to your feet and follow a prescription based on your symptoms, alignment, and biomechanics. We take a Scan or Cast of your feet to have your orthotics custom made. Orthotics are used to support, move, and reposition the foot to help relieve lower limb pain, prevent injuries, and improve posture.
What are they made from?
Usually they are made from either Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate or Polypropylene. They can be full or half length, depending what your foot needs. We can add addition padding for shock absorption to help elevate pressure in your joints. We have several choices for the top cover on your devices from easy to clean, sweat absorbing, and added cushioning.
Do you need different orthotics for different shoes?
This is based on what activity you will be doing while wearing your orthotics. Also, the type of shoe you would like to wear your orthotics. In most cases one orthotic can do the job, but if your wear slim fit dress shoes, or needs a different orthotics depending on your activity or sport then you will have separate sets of orthotics.
This list demonstrates just a few of the many uses that orthotics can be used for:
- Elevate pain in the lower back, hips, and or knees.
- Relieve foot pain, like plantar fasciitis, heel pain, metatarsalgia.
- Correct malalignment of the lower limb.
- Stop feet from “rolling in” or “rolling out”.
- Prevent diabetic foot ulcers from forming by offloading pressure.
- Prevent further development of bunion.
- Improve running gait and posture.
- Improve posture and correct walking issues in children.
- Reduce strain on soft tissue and muscles.
- Provide comfort and support for people standing for long periods of time.
- Improve symptoms of tired and aching legs.
- Offload pressure to reduce friction callous, corns and blistering.
If you need new orthotics or would like to be assessed please book for a Biomechanical Assessment today